Light, tender and now even gluten-free- crêpes are everyone's favorite flapjack. Roll up a buffet of breakfast dessert flavors with these soft, thin and tender pancakes that will leave your brunch guests raving! Dress them up with cream cheese and orange zest, bananas and caramel, or a strawberry-ricotta filling and a drizzle of chocolate. The creative possibilities await you!
- 312g Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 340g milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 57g butter, melted
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar and xanthan gum in a medium-sized bowl.
- In another, smaller bowl, beat together the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in about half the liquid mixture. Blend well, then add the remaining liquid and stir until fairly smooth; a few lumps can remain.
- Stir in the butter. Cover and let sit for at least an hour.
- The best pan in which to cook crêpes is a 10" cast iron pan or crêpe pan. Heat the pan until it's medium-hot. Wipe the bottom of the pan with a bit of butter or oil (a paper towel works well).
- Pour a scant 1/3 cup batter into the bottom of the pan, pick it up, and tip it in a circular motion so the batter covers the bottom of the pan. Cook until the bottom begins to brown and you can slide a spatula under it. It will hold together quite well, so you can flip it over easily.
- Cook briefly on the other side, and place on a warm plate. Cover until the remaining batter is cooked. Fill with fruit and whipped cream, sweetened cream cheese and berries, or anything else from bananas and chocolate or caramel to ice cream and maple syrup.
- Fill crêpes with fruit and whipped cream, sweetened cream cheese and berries, or anything else from bananas and chocolate or caramel, to ice cream and maple syrup.
- Yield: 1 dozen large (10") crêpes.
Source : https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gluten-free-dessert-crpes-recipe